Biological literature written by women

Leemor Joshua-Tor leemor at
Fri Mar 2 18:39:06 EST 2001

There is also a relatively new biography about Dorothy Hodgkin, another
one of the only 10 or so women nobel laureates, written by Georgina Ferry.

>I am helping some students writing a paper about famous scientists. The list
>of suggested people contained no single woman. Is there somewere in the
>world a list over: breakthrough experiments done by women, Biological
>litterature written by women, or any other possible text that would be
>helpfull for showing that women have been living on this planet, and are
>doing biological science.

   Leemor Joshua-Tor, Ph.D.
   Associate Professor
   Keck Structural Biology
   Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory           Tel. (516) 367 8821
   1 Bungtown Road                         Fax  (516) 367 8873
   Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724            e-mail: leemor at