chair vs. chairman

Pam prudd at gwm.sc.edu
Thu Oct 18 04:06:39 EST 2001

On 15 Oct 2001 09:51:52 +0100, Anita Vasavada <vasavada at wsu.edu>

>I am often tempted to write in to these organizations and point this
>out.  However I wonder:  Am I over-reacting?

In a word...yes.

I find women who get fussy about little things like
being called "chairman" rather then "chairwoman" or
"chair" are generally insecure and overly sensitive.
A strong woman makes her own place, no matter what
she's called.

Pam

---
Dunno about you, but I've yet to read a political diatribe
featuring naked pregnant women dancing in moonbeams
that I found very practical or implementable.
-Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> in alt.polyamory