Curatorial position-- crustaceans

Susan Therese Meiers ST-Meiers at wiu.edu
Wed May 15 04:01:21 EST 2002

----- Forwarded message -----

The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County invites applications
for a permanent curatorial assistant with expertise in crustaceans,
mollusks and/or echinoderms.  This position in our Marine
Biodiversity Processing Center (http://collections.nhm.org) will
complement existing staff and reflect the institution's commitment to
the Center's growth.  We seek a qualified person to assist with the
curation, sorting, databasing, and physical integration of orphan
collections into the museum's invertebrate collections.  The
successful candidate should have appropriate degrees in Biology, at
least one year of experience with one of the taxonomic groups noted
above, and knowledge of contemporary museum collection and
specimen conservation techniques.  Good oral and written
communication skills are essential and experience with collection
databasing is desirable.

This position is full-time with full benefits beginning July 1.
Salary: $29,700/year plus full benefits.

Review of applications will begin May 31, 2002.  Please send your
curriculum vitae, name and contact information for three referees,
and a cover letter that describes your curatorial experience to:

Dr. Angel Valdes
Assistant Curator of Mollusks
900 Exposition Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90007