Graduate Research Assistantship

Susan Therese Meiers ST-Meiers at
Wed Sep 25 03:31:50 EST 2002

Forwarded to me by a friend of mine.  She is a great scientist, pulls down grants
regularly, and is a very good soul.

I am seeking a graduate student interested in arctic plant ecology and
arctic ecosystems to work with me at the University of Texas at Arlington
(UTA). I currently have funding for two years of a GRA beginning in Fall
2003, and anticipate additional support after that. Summers will be spent in
residence at the Toolik Field Station, location of the Arctic Long Term
Ecological Research (LTER) site in northern Alaska, while the academic year
will be spent in Arlington, located between Dallas and Fort Worth. You must
be physically able to work at a remote, climatically harsh field site for
weeks at a time to apply for this position. For a brief description of my
research interests, please see,
and for more information on our department and graduate program, see For further information, please contact me via
e-mail or phone as listed below.

Laura Gough, Assistant Professor
Department of Biology
Box 19498