[Women-in-biology] Post-doc funding for women

Ritu Jain via womenbio%40net.bio.net (by rj337792 from albany.edu)
Fri Mar 20 09:15:14 EST 2009

I received my Ph.D. in 1998.  I took a 8 year break from science to raise my
two children and for two years worked as a research assistant just to keep
in touch with advancements in science.  I have recently started my first
post-doc with a very supportive mentor, however I am ineligible to apply for
funding since most funding agencies require you to have received your degree
within the last year.  Some may allow upto 4 years post-Ph.D. but no more.
I looked up the 'women returning' program as suggested by Cassandra Smith,
it is called the 'ADVANCE' program from NSF and is only for PIs not for
post-docs.  Does anybody know of any agencies that would even look at my
research proposal?

Thanks

Ritu Jain