PROCHECK anyone?

F.E.Dodd fed at indigo7.dl.ac.uk
Mon Dec 4 10:52:59 EST 1995

> This isn't really an X-PLOR question . . .
>
> Is there a site on this side of the Atlantic where I can download the
> latest version of PROCHECK?  I've been trying to get the new version
> from London for a month now and every time it dies about 80K into a
> 700K file (when it answers at all).

I use a variation on Gerard Kleywegt C-shell script, which was written
to download the versions file from the Uppsala "O" ftp site, to download
large files at night.

Simply work out when the internet will be quite, around 5 am
here in the UK, and put an appropriate cron job infront of it.
e.g. "sleep 40000;ftp.com &" and next morning it will probably be done.

Fraser Dodd

for example

################################
#!/bin/csh -f

onintr done
set tmp=./ftp.$$

# make input file for ftp
cat > $tmp << EOF
user anonymous fed at dl.ac.uk
cd /pub/Weis
binary
get weis_iv.tar.Z
bye
EOF

# get file(s)
ftp -n pfweis.kek.jp < $tmp >& /dev/null

done:

if (-e $tmp) /bin/rm $tmp

exit 0

--