junk on X-PLOR mail server

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at NET.BIO.NET
Mon Dec 18 19:10:18 EST 1995

> There has been a recent posting of junk mail to the bionet X-PLOR mailing list.  This
> was one of the concerns that some of you raised during the discussion about
> the bionet X-PLOR newsgroup.   Some of you also expressed concerns
> about the continued unreliability of the newsgroup - mail server synchronization.
>
> I would like to re-open the discussion about the bionet newsgroup.   Has it
> been successful?   Is there a move to re-create a private mailing list
> administered by my group?  Any comments are welcome.
>

> Axel Brunger

I don't know if any of you have seen the new WWW interface at
http://www.bio.net to the group.  All of the problems with the junk
postings can be resolved by moderating the newsgroup.  I think that
Axel should talk to us about that.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager