Luzzati Plot

Axel T. Brunger brunger at LAPLACE.CSB.YALE.EDU
Wed Jun 14 18:34:23 EST 1995

On Wed, 14 Jun 1995, Satish Nair wrote:

> > I am trying to plot a Luzzati Plot in X-PLOR. Unfortunately, I do not have
> > access to Mathematica Program. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can
> > generate the error curve lines?

> Yes, take the numbers XPLOR gives you and input it into EXCEL or
> LOTUS 123...  that should do it.
>
> satish nair

There is an Excel (3.0) worksheet to do exactly what you want.

Ref:
Chen, Y.W. (1992).  A Program to Generate the Luzzati Plot Using
Microsoft Excel, J. Appl. Cryst. 26, 745-747.

The program is available in ftp.laue.biochem.ubc.ca.  The file you need
is luzy.sit.hqx.

Just take your output list from X-PLOR into a text-editor and
edit out the data and use the program to do the plots.

Yu Wai CHEN                          Department of Biochemistry
                                     Faculty of Medicine
  tel: (604)-822 5007                2146 Health Sciences Mall
  fax: (604)-822 5227                University of British Columbia
email: ywchen at laue.biochem.ubc.ca    Vancouver BC  V6T 1Z3   CANADA