lack of swapspace

romao at ctqb01.itqb.unl.pt romao at ctqb01.itqb.unl.pt
Mon Oct 16 08:52:15 EST 1995

Dear Xplorers

I have a problem when trying to calculate maps of a 907 aa protein, with high
resolution data. The machine I am using for the calculations is a SG Extreme,
processor R4600, and has 64 MB memory.
What happens is that when trying to calculate maps with the standard grid of
0.3 the process is killed due to lack of swapspace. However, even increasing
the total swapspace available to 155 MB, I can only calculate maps with a
larger grid of 0.4 (with the best data to 2.0A).
I thought about buying a memory extension, but I would like to know if it will
solve the problem, or if there might be another way .

I thank very much for any help or suggestion to this problem

Maria

Phone : (351-1) 442-6246 Ext. 237/341
  Fax : (351-1) 442-8766
email : romao at itqb.unl.pt

Address :
Maria Joao Romao
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica
Rua da Quinta Grande 6, Apartado 127
2780 OEIRAS PORTUGAL