Resolution of problems with X-plor 3.1 on OpenVMS Alpha

Gerson H Cohen ghc at
Thu Sep 14 13:52:54 EST 1995

Some time around April I posted confirmation of errors in the compiled/liked
X-plor 3.1 on OpenVMS Alpha.  I now have a fully working set with no
modification of the original distribution, save posted fixes from the xplor
server.  It seems that there were two Digital caused problems that were
causing us grief, the library AMATHRTL and Fortran compiler versions 6.1 and
6.2.  A patch is available for the math library which was [and may still be]
known by the designation: CSCPAT_2070010.  That together with the reletively
new Fortran compiler version 6.3 alows the compilation/linking of a fully
verifyable image on my Alpha computers.

Gerson Cohen