(none) [Accessible Surface Area]

Yoram Puius puius at aecom.yu.edu
Thu Apr 25 11:06:18 EST 1996

I don't know exactly what program "ASA" is, but I have access to a version
of T. J. Richmond's program ANAREA which calculates the surface area
of a molecules accessible to a 1.4 A radius sphere ("water").  It does
the calculation analytically, as opposed to the approximation done by
Fred Richards' program ACCESS.

I have ANAREA as part of a package called "VADAR."  You should be able to
get info by emailing
	vadar at procyon.biochem.ualberta.ca

I don't have the address from which I originally ftp'd it.

I know that SGI was supported;  they may have branched out, or they might
not have.  On the other hand, it shouldn't be a problem to get source
code from them.

If you can't run VADAR, it should be easy to find Fred Richards
program ACCESS and how to get it at

http://csbmet.csb.yale.edu/userguides/datamanip/access/access_descrip.html

I suspect you may to email Pat Fleming (fleming at csb.yale.edu) to obtain
the source.  I'm pretty sure I no longer have the source code for ACCESS,
but maybe someone else can mail it to you.

Good luck,
	Yoram

Yoram A. Puius                            Albert Einstein College of Medicine
puius at aecom.yu.edu                        Department of Biochemistry
M.D.-Ph.D.    Class of 1999 [not!]        Bronx, NY  10461