X-PLOR(online) available

Axel T. Brunger brunger at LAPLACE.CSB.YALE.EDU
Mon Aug 26 23:26:13 EST 1996

X-PLOR(online)
----------------------
current version: 3.840
----------------------

Internet access to the developmental version of X-PLOR at Yale is now
available for non-profit (academic) users holding a license for
version 3.1 from Yale University.

Access is free of charge for users with a 3.1 license.  To reduce
administrative costs this version is only available via internet.

How to get access to the X-PLOR(online) distribution?

To get access to the ftp service, send mail to
xplor-admin at laplace.csb.yale.edu. Include the name of the individual who
holds the X-PLOR license (your name or that of your PI).  Once your
license has been verified you'll receive instructions how to access the
X-PLOR ftp service through an automatic password procedure.

To obtain the current password for the online access, send an e-mail
message to  "sesame at laplace.csb.yale.edu", leave the subject line blank,
and make the message to read exactly "Open 3.8".

A password is returned. Ftp to "xplor.csb.yale.edu" and login as
"xplor38" using the password. Get the "README" file and follow the
instructions.

Before you contact us
---------------------

We will use your e-mail address for our automatic book-keeping.
Please consider carefully which e-mail account you want to
use.  For the automatic return mechanism to work, it is absolutely
essential that the "From" (i.e. your) e-mail address as it appears in
the header of your message, matches exactly the e-mail address which we
have registered for you.  The easiest and safest way to ensure this is
that you always send your e-mail messages to us from the same account.

We will register only one e-mail address per license, preferably the
e-mail address of the license holder.

Once the instructions for downloading have automatically been returned
to you, you can - for a limited time - download the X-PLOR files from
any machine.   When the password has expired simply request a new one by
sending mail to sesame at laplace.csb.yale.edu.

What's new in version 3.840?
----------------------------

1. Many bug fixes
2. Updated TOPPAR, XTALLIB, NMRLIB, and TUTORIAL files
3. Torsion angle molecular dynamics, see
   /tutorial/xtal_torsion/0readme.tex
4. MAD phasing, see /tutorial/mad/0read.me
5. Direct rotation function, see /tutorial/xtalmr/rotation_direct.inp
6. Phased translation function, see
   /tutorial/xtalmr/phased_translation.inp

The developmental version of X-PLOR is fully compatible with version
3.1.  All scripts that you have been using should still be working with
the developmental version.

Documentation is not yet complete.  Please read the original papers
referenced in the example files and the 0readme* files in the torsion
angle molecular dynamics and MAD phasing directories.

Please monitor announcements on the newsgroup for updates of the
developmental version.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE xplor*_main.tar FILE
(SOURCE, XTALMACRO, TOPPAR, XTALLIB, NMRLIB, TUTORIAL) EACH TIME A NEW
VERSION IS ANNOUNCED.  DO NOT MIX FILES FROM DIFFERENT VERSIONS.

This information is also available on the X-PLOR home page
http://xplor.csb.yale.edu.

| Axel T. Brunger          Dept. Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry|
| Professor/Investigator   Bass Center, 266 Whitney Avenue            |
| Office: 203-432-6143     Howard Hughes Medical Institute/Yale Univ. |
| FAX:    203-432-6946     New Haven, CT 06520, USA.                  |
| http://xplor.csb.yale.edu/~brunger                                  |
| mailto://brunger@laplace.csb.yale.edu                               |