POSITIONS IN PROTEIN NMR - SECOND ANOUNCEMENT

Feng Ni Feng.Ni at BRI.NRC.CA
Fri Feb 9 13:58:01 EST 1996

                    POSTDOCTORAL AND RESEARCHER POSITIONS
                 IN BIOPHYSICAL AND PROTEIN NMR SPECTROSCOPY

Postdoctoral and researcher positions are available in the NMR laboratory of
the Biotechnology Research Institute (BRI).  Our research centers on proteins
in blood coagulation, protease regulation and ligand-receptor interactions.

Candidates must have a recent Ph.D. degree in chemistry, biochemistry or a
related field and have demonstrated abilities (e.g. through publications) in
carrying out creative research.  Knowledge of high-resolution NMR spectroscopy
is desirable and experience in protein/peptide purification is an important
asset.  Through their work at BRI, postdoctoral fellows obtain experience in
the use of NMR spectroscopy to determine the structures and the biophysical
properties of proteins and protein-protein complexes.

Postdoctoral fellows are paid an annual salary of $23,000-$28,000 according to
the MRC guidelines.  Exceptional candidates may be promoted to senior research
positions offerred by the National Research Council of Canada.  Our institute
is equipped with one Bruker AMX-500 NMR spectrometer and shares a second with
members of the Montreal Joint Centre for Structural Biology.  Funds are secured
for a state-of-the-art higher field NMR instrument to be installed within the
coming months.

Qualified individuals are invited to forward your resume to:

               Feng Ni, Ph.D.
               Head of Biomolecular NMR
               Biotechnology Research Institute
               6100 Royalmount Avenue
               Montreal, Quebec, H4P 2R2
               Canada
               phone: (514)-496-6729
               fax:   (514)-496-5143
               e_mail: fengni at bri.nrc.ca

Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.  We thank all
applicants for their interests, however, only those being considered will be
contacted.