rfree problem

"Zhi-Jie Liu", James liu at BCL6.BIOCHEM.UGA.EDU
Fri May 10 08:54:17 EST 1996

On May 9, 11:27pm, lxz at IRIS.lsc.pku.edu.cn wrote:
> Subject: rfree problem
>
> Thank Mr. Gerard for his kindly advice to my rfree problem.
> As he said, It seems foolish and useless to try and fudge rfree.
> When I found some low rfree appeared during slow cool, I just
> thought the MD had deviated from the correct way. Now I realize
> it isn't so. Perhap the quality of my data is not good.
>
> I have checked my model using TURBO_FRODO and found the backbone is
> consistent with electron density map, some side chains have no
> corresponding desities. The r-factor has been decreased to 0.189
> but rfree is 0.330. I don't know how to continue the refinement
> to get lower rfree. Any suggestion?
>
> Xiaozhou Liu
>
>-- End of excerpt from lxz at IRIS.lsc.pku.edu.cn

	Try to use SA_Omit map locate side chains.

Zhi-Jie Liu                                            o           o
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology        /-           \\o
University of Georgia, Athens GA 30602               /\o             \_
E-mail liu at bcl6.biochem.uga.edu                                       \