rfree problem

lxz at IRIS.LSC.PKU.EDU.CN lxz at IRIS.LSC.PKU.EDU.CN
Fri May 10 01:27:18 EST 1996

Thank Mr. Gerard for his kindly advice to my rfree problem.
As he said, It seems foolish and useless to try and fudge rfree.
When I found some low rfree appeared during slow cool, I just
thought the MD had deviated from the correct way. Now I realize
it isn't so. Perhap the quality of my data is not good.

I have checked my model using TURBO_FRODO and found the backbone is
consistent with electron density map, some side chains have no
corresponding desities. The r-factor has been decreased to 0.189
but rfree is 0.330. I don't know how to continue the refinement
to get lower rfree. Any suggestion?

Xiaozhou Liu