(none)

Aaron Oakley s_aarono at EDUSERV.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Mon Sep 9 18:41:02 EST 1996

> I have a quick question regarding grouped b-factor refinement.  I have added
> a few waters and a glucose molecule to my model and I would like to be able
> to refine their b-factors as well as those of the protein.  I have already
> sent the coordinates through bgroup refinement and noticed that the b-factors
> of the added molecules remained unchanged.

Hmmm... that's strange. They should have changed (even if only slightly).

> Is it advisable to try to refine b-factors for waters in bgroup.inp?  If so,
> what lines should I add to the input file?

By default, the bgroup.inp script should select water molecules as groups.
Vis:

     b=(not (hydro or name Ca or name C or name N) and byres id $1 )

Of course, the type of refinement (group B or individual B) should
be determined by whether or nor free-R goes down.

Cheers,

Aaron