Relativistic velocities

Mischa Machius machius at CHOP.SWMED.EDU
Wed Apr 2 13:37:24 EST 1997

Hi X-PLORers !

Thanks very much for the constructive comments on the problem with
relativistic atom velocities during simulated annealing. One person
suggested that the protein probably got centrifuged at too high g-forces
during purification. But that should have led to bond lengths that are
too long, shouldn't it ?

That was of course an April Fools Day joke, and I guess we got a few...
Thanks to Dr. Lothar Esser with whom I created this joke. We hope that
nobody is too mad now, but then again: it was April 1.

Happy X-PLORing !

Mischa

 Mischa Machius, Ph.D.
 University of Texas
 Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
 Howard Hughes Medical Institute                         tel: +1 214 648 5002
 5323 Harry Hines Blvd.                                  fax: +1 214 648 5095
 Dallas, TX 75235-9050, U.S.A.                 e-mail: machius at chop.swmed.edu