Demo O2

Omar G. Stradella omar at boston.sgi.com
Mon Feb 24 15:16:16 EST 1997

Michael Strickler wrote:

> We have just received an O2 demonstration unit from SGI, and we want to
> evaluate X-PLOR on this machine, which runs IRIX 6.3.  Neither the
> "online" 64-bit executable nor a version that we compiled for IRIX 6.2
> and the R10000 works on the O2; are there any special factors we should
> consider when we try to compile under IRIX 6.3?
> --

Hi Michael,

I haven't tried yet to compile XPLOR on a O2 machine. The 64-bit
executable
won't work because the O2 machines don't support execution of 64-bit
binaries. My best guess is that it should be enough with changing -64
into
-n32 and using the original sgitime.s file (i.e., the one for 32 bits).

Omar.
Omar G. Stradella, Ph.D.                    Supercomputing Applications
Silicon Graphics, Inc.                          Computational Chemistry
One Cabot Road, Hudson, MA 01749, USA           N 42 22'41" W 71 33'45"
E-mail: omar at boston.sgi.com Phone: +1-508-567-2258 FAX: +1-508-562-4755
http://www.sgi.com/ChemBio                  http://reality.sgi.com/omar
+--------  Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn  -------+