Xplor 3.851 and Linux

Brian Marsden marsden at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 3 09:25:30 EST 1997

I'm sure that the following question has been answered in full before,
but perusing through DejaNews has not helped:

I've just installed Linux (RedHat 4.1) onto a Pentium Pro200 with the
hope that I can run XPlor 3.851 on it. Reading the README file that
comes with the standard distribution there should be a linux.tar.Z file
available on the Xplor ftp site in the directory PORT-IT-YOURSELF. But,
there isn't.

Can someone enlighten me and let me know where to find it or, even
better, give me details about the best way to get Xplor compiled?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Marsden