Postdoctoral positions at BRI

Yi Zhu yizhu at bri.nrc.ca
Mon Jun 23 08:45:50 EST 1997

Subject: Postdoctoral positions at BRI (fwd)

Please help me display this ad in the net sites.  Thanks.

Feng

              STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF PROTEIN-PEPTIDE COMPLEXES
                    BY ULTRA-HIGH-FIELD (800 MHZ) NMR

Our NMR group has postdoctoral positions to determine the structures of protein-
peptide complexes by use of ultra-high-field (800 MHz) NMR spectroscopy.  You
may work on either one of the following projects: (1) complexes of the small
GTPase Cdc42 (19 kD) with natural and designed peptides; (2) complexes of the
complement protein C5a or the parathyroid hormone with receptor fragments; (3)
human angiogenin in complex with inhibitors.  All the proteins are expressed and
labelled with the 15N and/or 13C isotopes.  The projects will have significant
access to our new 800 MHz NMR spectrometer which has become operational and
produces NMR spectra with significantly increased sensitivity.

Candidates must have a recent Ph.D. (within the last 5 years) in chemistry,
biochemistry or a related field and have demonstrated abilities to carry out
and publish original research of high quality.  Ideal candidates should have
experience in the determination of the three-dimensional structures of proteins
by NMR or in the conformational analysis of bioactive peptides.  Experience in
protein expression and purification is an important asset.  Salaries are in the
range of $24,000-$27,000, but can go up to $35,000 commensurate with experience
and with your project responsibilities.

Interested candidates should address their inquiries to:

     Feng Ni, Ph.D.
     Head of Biomolecular NMR
     Biotechnology Research Institute
     6100 Royalmount Avenue
     Montreal, Quebec, H4P 2R2, Canada
     phone: (514)-496-6729; fax: (514)-496-5143
     e_mail: fengni at bri.nrc.ca

Applications will be accepted until the end of August, 1997.  The positions are
available immediately, but can be taken up as late as the begining of January,
1998.  I thank all the applicants for their interests, but we may contact only
those being considered if there are many applications.