segid..problem...solution

Balaji Bhyravbhatla balaji at sb.fsu.edu
Sat Apr 11 11:53:21 EST 1998

Dear All,
Here is a very interesting solution to my problem!
I wanted to try running my xplor file on a different system just to
check things again. And instead of ftp'ing the file (I was lazy) I just
used cut and paste for my pdb file. What I mean is I open'd a new window
and >>vi test.pdb then using the mouse cut and paste from the ther
window which was running on a different computer.
Keeping everything the same when I ran the job IT RAN WITHOUT A HITCH!!!
That surprised me but what it means is that there was some spurious
characters in the pdb file when it went thru 6d_moleman to put the
AAAA's on the last cols.
So I did the same for the entire pdb file (4chains + 2dna chains) and
now all works fine!!!
Usually emacs shows any metacharacters in a file but I did not see
anything in this file. Is there any way to check for such characters in
a pdb file?????

Balaji
--
Florida State University