PDB On-hold Policy

Nancy O. Manning oeder at PDB.PDB.BNL.GOV
Thu Feb 5 12:17:42 EST 1998

Reposted from the PDB Listserver.  The PDB Home Page now links to Nature
Structural Biology's Survey on the IUCr On-Hold Policy.

     Dear Members of the PDB-L

     In light of the various ongoing discussions of the one year hold for
     structure coordinates, we are hosting a vote on the matter on the
     Nature Structural Biology web site, based on a petition to the IUCr
     proposed by Alex Wlodawer. I know that the journals Science and
     Nature, the IUCr, the PDB and the NIH are interested in the results we
     will obtain so potentially, the data may be of some importance in
     guiding discussions of future policy.

     For the vote to best represent the feelings in and beyond the
     structure community it is vital that as many people vote as possible.
     Thus I am e-mailing you to ask if you, and your colleagues, would be
     interested in contributing your opinions on the matter.  The URL for
     the site of the vote is:

     http://us.nature.com/survey/nsb_poll.nclk

     I would not object if you wished to forward this message on to other
     colleagues, either structural biologists or scientists with an
     interest in the availability of structural data, whom you think may
     also want to express their opinion on the matter.

     If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter, please
     don't hesitate to contact me at this address or tel: 212 726 9313,
     fax: 212 679 0735.

     Sincerely

     Guy Riddihough
     Editor, Nature Structural Biology

 Nancy Oeder Manning                  Protein Data Bank
 Head User Support                    Brookhaven National Laboratory
 oeder at bnl.gov                        Biology Department, Bldg. 463
 (516) 344-5744 phone                 P.O. Box 5000
 (516) 344-5751 FAX                   Upton, NY 11973-5000   USA