Please, help !

Boxu Yan byan at CABM.RUTGERS.EDU
Thu Jan 1 17:56:06 EST 1998

Dear Xplor users:

I'm working on a large protein molecule:  HIV-1 RT complexed
with an inhibitor and am new to the program Xplor.

I am now using Xplor to obtain the fo-fc.map and
2fo-fc.map.  I found that the two files I got look very
similar when I display with the program "O".  I expected the
electron density map of the fo-fc to be less crowded, however,
in my case, the map is very crowed and contains several
regions which fall outside the region where the molecule is
located.
The R values and Rfree values in the Xplor generated pdb
files are as follow:

        rigid:  	0.343 	0.341
        prepstage	0.353 	0.387
        positional 	0.348 	0.393

I would appreciate any suggestion,
and thank you in advance,

Boxu

                Boxu Yan, PhD
                Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine
                Piscataway - New Jersey
                byan at cabm.rutgers.edu