Overall anisotropic B-ref

Savvas N. Savvides savvas at PENELOPE.BIO.CORNELL.EDU
Mon Jul 6 08:40:47 EST 1998

Dear XPLORERS,
	I am in the following situation:
I have a synchrotron data set (20-2.2 angs) that I would like to scale
using the overall anisotropic B-factor ref. protocol. I have discovered
the anisotropy in the data after having carried out several
rounds of refinement for which I have been using 8-2.2 angs data.
My question is the following:
What resolution data should I use in the scaling procedure? Should I
use all the data or just the data I have been using for refinement?

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this.

Sincerely

Savvas Savvides

* Savvas N. Savvides		 Email: sns2 at cornell.edu                *
* Program in Biophysics          Tel:(607)-255-8432                     *
* Cornell University             Fax:(607)-255-2428                     *
* 221 Biotechnology Building 	                                        *
* Ithaca, NY 14853 		                                        *
* USA                                                                   *