System Manager/Scientific Programmer Position

rwgk at laplace.csb.yale.edu rwgk at laplace.csb.yale.edu
Thu Jul 9 20:19:52 EST 1998

System Manager/Scientific Programmer Position

The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is currently
seeking a System Manager/Scientific Programmer for our
facility at Yale University.

The candidate will work in a structural-biology research
group with state-of-the-art facilities for X-ray
crystallography and NMR spectroscopy. Responsibilities
involve system administration of our network of Unix
workstations and Windows 95/NT PCs. Extensive Unix
experience is essential. Practical experience with
FORTRAN, C, Java or Perl is highly desirable. We expect
these responsibilities to occupy about 1/2 of the
candidate's time. The remainder is available for
scientific research.

This position is an excellent opportunity for a recent
Ph.D. graduate with a strong computational background and
has a significantly higher compensation than regular
post-doctoral appointments, including an excellent
benefits package.

Yale University is located in New Haven, which is in
convenient driving distance to New York and Boston.
Please forward your resume to:

Axel T. Brunger
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Yale University