Water and Ion ?

Yoram Puius puius at aecom.yu.edu
Tue Nov 10 17:48:17 EST 1998

Shuren Wang wrote:

> Hello crystallographers.
> I'm trying to find  Na+,Ca2+ location from E-map of my protein.
> It is hard to distinguish between Na+, water and Ca2+.
> Is there anybody who can help me?
> In my case, ion binding sites are very important.
>
> Thank in advance.
Check out:

Valence Screening of Water in Protein Crystals Reveals Potential
Na+ Binding Sites.

Nayal & Di Cera, J. Mol. Biol. (1996), 256, 228-234

HTH,

Yoram A. Puius                Albert Einstein College of Medicine
M.D.-Ph.D. Student            Department of Biochemistry
mailto:puius at aecom.yu.edu     1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY  10461
        http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7504