FREE_R set

Hongmin Li hmli at INDIGO19.CARB.NIST.GOV
Thu Nov 12 14:27:40 EST 1998

Experts,

I am curious about generating Free_R flag for reflection files. I found that
when I used X-PLOR setup_free_r.inp to generate free set, it seemed that the
freeflag assignment was not random. Because when I run the script several times
for the same beginning reflection file, the generated free sets were the same.
I also use CCP4, and got the same results (get the same set for each run). Then
my question is: is it really random to generate free set? I am thinking if it
was really random, ench run should get different free set. Am I wrong?

Thanks.

Hongmin