Barely a week until the NSLS Deadline

Robert Sweet sweet at LSX12N.NSLS.BNL.GOV
Tue Sep 21 20:52:38 EST 1999

The deadline for applications for the NSLS's first Y2K Cycle (winter 2000) is
Thursday 30 September 1999.

Six beamlines are available for macromolecular crystallographic data
collection through the NSLS General User Program: Beamlines X12-B, X12-C,
X26-C, X8-C, and X4-A, plus the wiggler beamline X25.

  >>> This represents over 180 days of beam time, 30 of it on X25, <<<
  >>>     arguably the most usable beamline anywhere for PX.       <<<

CCD-Based detection systems, as well as sufficient computing power that
all data can be reduced on site (and often structures can be solved on
site as well) are available on all of these beamlines.

        >> There is a new electronic submission form required. <<

Please access the web site: http://www.x12c.nsls.bnl.gov/x12c/nsls_px.html
for information about the beamlines, and forms and instructions for the
submission of beam-time proposals.  The deadline is very firm.  Read the
all of the instructions carefully and submit early.

We are eager to do FedEx data collection for qualified users.  Ask us
about it.

Also, all who are not U.S. citizens should please read the announcement
about the new "indices" checks (form IA-473) that must be made before a
visit to BNL on the NSLS web page:  http://www.nsls.bnl.gov/

A Research Resource Grant from the National Institutes of Health is
providing enhanced support for users to the NSLS.  Work is being done
under this grant to extending the state of the art in macromolecular
crystallography in both computing hardware and software, use of modern
detectors, application of multi-layer monochromators to provide hotter
beams, and multiple-beam phasing of protein structures.

	Robert M. Sweet			E-Dress: SWEET at BNL.GOV
	Biology Dept.			Phones:
	Brookhaven Nat'l Lab.		516 344 3401  (Office)
	Upton, NY  11973		516 344 5642  (Beamline at NSLS)
	U.S.A.				516 344 3407  (Facsimile)