NCS averaged map

Mark A. White, Ph.D. white at
Tue Aug 22 10:06:20 EST 2000

The CNS script

includes a coeff (hkl,Fo,Fc,Phi) output which is of the NCS averaged
map, but it does not do iterative phase

I have written a little Jiffy to convert the coeff output from CNS
format into a XtalView phs file.  I have
turned off the
CNS map output in the script - the files it creates are HUGE!

The program is available, along with an example com file at pmb_NCS2phs.I65

Good luck, please let me know if you find the program useful.

schitzo at wrote:

> We are trying to do phase extension on a structure with a lot
> of NCS symmetry (ie a virus). Looking over the example scripts
> in CNS we were unable to determine how to back calculate
> coefficients from an averaged map. Does anyone know if this is
> possible and how to do it?
> Thanks,
> Robert

Best Regards,

Mark A. White, Ph.D.                                    Tel:
Sealy Center for Structural Biology                     (409) 747-4747
Dept. of Human Biological Chemistry & Genetics          Fax:
Basic Science Building, Room 6.660C                     (409) 747-4745
University of Texas Medical Branch
Galveston, TX 77555-0647                mailto://