X-Plor 3.851 error: DIM exceeded

Omar G. Stradella omar at boston.sgi.com
Fri Mar 24 14:57:10 EST 2000

Chris Sheldahl wrote:

> Hello folks.
>
> We have had an X-Plor 3.851 error during generation of a structure file
> with ~13,000 atoms. Machines used: SGI Origin 200 and SGI Octane,
> running IRIX 6.4
>
> > COOR>ATOM      1  N   GLU A   1     -16.902  13.583 -57.312  1.00  0.00
> >  MAPIC: Atom numbers being modified
> >  %SEGMNT-ERR: DIM exceeded
>
> and so on. A copy of the PREXPLOR.DIM file is below (though a little
> long, I hope that this is better than attching a binary.)

Chris,

You will have to manually increase the value of SEGDIM in SUBROUTINE
SEGMNT, the file is segmnt.s. And recompile.

      INTEGER SEGDIM, SET, ISET, NADD
      PARAMETER (SEGDIM=100, NADD=50)
C SEGDIM is the maximum number of atoms involved during a
C single patching process, NADD is the maximum number
C of added atoms during a single patching process.

Omar
Omar G. Stradella, Ph.D.
SGI / Chemistry and Biology Applications Group
1 Cabot Rd, Suite 250, Hudson, MA 01749, USA    N 42 22'40" W 71 33'44"
E-mail: omar at sgi.com        Phone: +1-781-839-2258 FAX: +1-978-562-7450
http://www.sgi.com/chembio                  http://reality.sgi.com/omar
+--------  Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn  -------+