the problem of temperature factor

leon liang anneal2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 26 10:33:46 EST 2000

I’m a new user of CNS, I have met a problem of
temperature factors. When I used CNS to refine a
structure, the correction of temperature factor before
the refinement gave a average value of about 40, but
the value calculated from Wilson plot is 21 (in
xtal_pdbsubmission.deposit file). This result puzzled
me, I can’t tell the origin of the problem, from
the quality of diffration data? Or from the refinement
procedure? If the value is really high, the
reliability of the model has to be carefully
considered. I hope to get some help here, thanks a
lot!

Leon Liang