X-plor/CNS newsgroup/mailing list

Winfried Meining wim at csb.ki.se
Sat Apr 7 17:25:11 EST 2001

Dear CNS/X-plor users,

The X-plor/CNS support newsgroup bionet.software.x-plor
(simultaneously a mailing list x-plor at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk) has in recent
years increasingly been target for unrelated postings ("spam"). Many
users and CNS-experts have therefore unsubscribed from the list
and/or use it rarely.

I took the freedom to create a new moderated mailing list, which
forwards messages from bionet.software.x-plor. Messages not related
to Structural Biology are manually filtered out and only then
forwarded to the list members. This way one can again "dare" to
follow and participate in discussions on CNS/X-plor.

The list address of the moderated list is cnsbb at yahoogroups.com. To
subscribe to this list send an e-mail to
cnsbb-subscribe at yahoogroups.com. The homepage of the list is
you'll find an ads-free list archive at
http://chips.csb.ki.se/cnsbb/. Please be aware that postings to this
new list are not forwarded to bionet.software.x-plor /
x-plor at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk. Moderating is very easy, but requires manual
interaction. If you would be ready to co-moderate the list let me
please know.

I'm not sure about the level of support, which will be offered on the
X-plor list in the future, even if there would be no spam anymore.
The intensity of discussions or rather the lack of them are somewhat
disillusioning ... We use CNS a lot in our group and would certainly
have benefit of a functioning support forum.

Regards,

Winfried Meining

Dr. Winfried Meining
Södertörns Högskola & Karolinska Institutet
Dept. of Biosciences at NOVUM, CSB
S-14157 Huddinge, Sweden
Tel.: +46-(0)8-6083-336
Fax : +46-(0)8-6089-290