copying a value into a new symbol

M Sundaramoorthy sundar at
Sat Mar 24 18:48:12 EST 2001

Is there a way to copy a value of a standard parameter into a new symbol
in CNS?. Something like

	newvalue = oldvalue.
I tried

The symbol 'newsegid' is not assigned the value of segid from the pdb
file, but the literal string 'segid' is assigned.

[I am not trying to change the segid. So please do not refer me to
'rename_segid.inp'. I need a way to copy the value into a temporary

Please reply to sundar at

M. Sundaramoorthy, Ph.D.		E-mail: msundar at
University of Kansas Medical Center	Phone: (913) 588-6574
Department of Biochemistry & 		Fax  : (913) 588-7007