Industrial Crystallographer position

Thomas Stout tstout at exelixis.com
Fri Sep 7 18:35:30 EST 2001

*REPOST*

Research Scientist, Protein Crystallography

Exelixis, Inc, located in South San Francisco, CA, is growing!
We have an immediate opening in our Structural Biology group for
an enthusiastic individual who thrives on working in a team
environment. As a member of this interdisciplinary team, you will
be responsible for the determination and interpretation of three-
dimensional structures of therapeutic protein targets and
protein-drug complexes.  Expertise in all aspects of protein
crystallography is required, including protein crystallization,
data collection, phasing by MAD/MIR/molecular replacement and
structural refinement.  Additional experience with protein-ligand
complexes and/or other biophysical methods (BIAcore and
microcalorimetry) is a distinct advantage. Requires excellent
communications skills, a Ph.D. or equivalent and 2+ years
postdoctoral experience in structural biology or a closely
related discipline, with proven success in macromolecular
crystallography. (Job #01-123)

Exelixis offers competitive salaries & benefits, generous equity
participation, and a stimulating, highly interactive research setting
that recognizes and rewards achievement.  Please send your resume/CV to
Exelixis, Inc., HR Department; Fax: (650) 837-7226; or Email:
careers at exelixis.com. EOE  Visit our website at www.exelixis.com