Beamline Scientist(s) positions at Elettra

Kristina Djinovic djinovic at elettra.trieste.it
Tue Jan 15 07:15:58 EST 2002

Elettra has openings for beamline scientists:

http://www.elettra.trieste.it/employment/schede/e_01_02.html

I would like to point your attention to the No. 3. of the advertisment,
in which we are looking for beamline scientist(s) in the field of

	Marcomolecular Crystallography

Elettra currently operates one X-ray diffraction beamline jointly
with Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, the second biocrystallography
beamline is under construction. The newly established Structural
Biology Laboratory on the site is equipped with state of the art
instrumentation for molecular biology, protein purification and
crystallization.

Beamline Scientist(s) would provide user support and develop instrumentation
and automation on the beamlines for data collection and high throughput
processing of crystallographic data. Successful candidates will chose scientific
projects in technology development of high-throughput X-ray crystallography,
automation of synchrotron radiation data acquisition facilities
and/or research areas in structural biology.

                       Beamline Scientist positions at ELETTRA

                                      (Ref. E/01/02)

           ELETTRA is a laboratory exploiting a third generation synchrotron light source operated by
         Sincrotrone Trieste S.C.p.A. as a user facility. The extremely high quality of the machine and beam lines
         has set new performance records and has been producing results of great scientific interest. The
         environment is multi-national and multi-disciplinary.
           Although we welcome applications in all fields of synchrotron radiation available at our facility,
         applications are particularly encouraged from experienced researchers for positions of beam line scientist
         in the fields of:

           1.photoelectron spectroscopy and/or microscopy;
           2.infrared spectroscopy and/or microscopy;
           3.x-ray macromolecular crystallography and/or small-angle scattering;
           4.x-ray powder diffraction;
           5.x-ray absorption spectroscopy.

           The applicants are expected to develop advanced synchrotron radiation instrumentation, and to assist the
         ELETTRA users, and are strongly encouraged to develop a vigorous program of independent or
         co-operative research.
           We require:

             - familiarity with synchrotron radiation research and instrumentation;
             - capability of working as part of a team;
             - working knowledge of spoken and written English;
             - ability to understand users' needs and to communicate with them.

           A working knowledge of Italian would be preferable, but is not indispensable.
           The salary will be commensurate to the applicant's qualifications.
           Appointments will be made initially on a time-limited contract, with the possibility of conversion to a
         permanent contract.
           Applications will include full curriculum vitae and the names and (electronic mail) addresses, telephone
         and fax numbers of three references.

         Applications should be sent by fax (040-938.09.04), by e-mail (jobs at elettra.trieste.it) or by post to the
         following address by February 28, 2002:

         SINCROTRONE TRIESTE S.C.p.A.
         Servizio Organizzazione e Gestione del Personale
         S.S. 14, km 163,5 in Area Science Park
         34012 Basovizza - Trieste
         Italy

           For any technical enquiry please contact:
           Dr. G. Paolucci, Director of the Experiment Division, giorgio.paolucci at elettra.trieste.it

           We thank all applicants in advance.

Kristina Djinovic Carugo
Structural Biology Lab.
Sincrotrone Trieste in Area Science Park
S.S. 14 Km 163,5 34012 Basovizza (TS)
Italy

phone: (+39) 040375 8059    phone(home):(+39) 040215 8205
facsimile: (+39) 040375 8029
email: kristina.djinovic at elettra.trieste.it