Trade Development Agency - Business Opportunity Briefings
David C. Dickson
tdaevents at cais.com
Mon Mar 4 22:02:40 EST 2002
To: X-PLOR at NET.BIO.NET
The U.S. Trade and Development Agency (TDA) Proudly Presents...
THAILAND: Laboratory Test Equipment Business Opportunity Briefings
BUSINESS BRIEFING ONE: San Francisco, California
Tuesday March 26, 2002 - 12:00pm to 5:00pm
Laboratory Test Equipment
Park Hyatt Hotel
San Francisco, CA
A business briefing sponsored by TDA
BUSINESS BRIEFING TWO: Boston, Massachusetts
Friday March 29, 2002 - 12:00pm to 5:00pm
Laboratory Test Equipment
The Westin Copley Place
A business briefing sponsored by TDA
****A preliminary Itinerary can be viewed by going to WWW.MARKETACCESS.ORG****
SPECIAL NOTE: This message is being sent to you as a service to inform you and your company of a conference in your market sector. If this business communication was sent to you in error or is not of interest, please let us know by REPLY'ing to this message and place REMOVE in the subject line. We will remove your name immediately. It's not our intention to send unwanted email.
ABOUT THESE BUSINESS BRIEFINGS:
TDA is pleased to announce an Orientation Visit (OV) for 4 Thai delegates representing the higher education sector in Thailand, and one U.S. Commercial Service representative in March/April 2002 timeframe. The OV will focus primarily on demonstrating U.S. technology in the area of:
* Discipline-specific laboratory and testing equipment.
The primary near-term goal of the Thai government is to develop research programs in cooperation with industry to establish a strong foundation for research and development in seven priority science and technology related fields. Targeted fields include: agriculture biotechnology; chemistry; energy and environmental technology; environmental and hazardous waste management; environmental science, technology and management; petroleum and petroleum technology; and post-harvest technology.
NOTE: THE THAI DELEGATES HAVE FUNDING AND AUTHORIZATION TO PROCURE LAB TEST EQUIPMENT
BUSINESS BRIEFING HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
* Presentation of project opportunities with immediate export potential.
* Comprehensive resource guide outlining the projects presented, which include critical economic information, export potential, time lines, equipment needs and key contacts.
* Opportunities for U.S. sales and investment.
* Teaming and partnering opportunities for U.S. companies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
* International business developers, project managers, engineers, consultants, company executives in the laboratory test equipment sectors.
* Companies with products and services in the areas of laboratory test equipment.
* Manufacturers of laboratory test equipment and services suppliers to this sector.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
* Opportunities for U.S. sales and investment
* New projects now on the drawing boards
* The in-country decision makers and planners
* Future plans and future opportunities
* Teaming and partnering opportunities for U.S. companies
* New opportunities and available assistance from U.S. trade agencies
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
* Project Briefing Book -- Contains detailed information on Thai projects presented, including specific procurement plans, critical economic information, export potential, time lines, equipment needs and key contacts. You will certainly want your company listed in the directory of supporting U.S. manufacturers of Laboratory Test Equipment.
* Pre-Scheduled One-on-One Meetings -- Meetings will be facilitated between U.S. industry participants and the regional project sponsors, brought to the conference as guests of TDA. These meetings will enable companies to discuss and market products and services "face-to-face" with key procurement officials and government decision makers.
* Networking and Sales Opportunities -- TDA business briefings are renowned for their focused and targeted project-driven programs, offering U.S. firms a degree of personalized market development access and attention, unique to this venue and rare in industry events.
WHO SHOULD SPONSOR:
* Companies that provide products and services to laboratory test equipment sectors
* Laboratory test equipment and trade associations
POINTS OF CONTACT:
* For general information about this event, please contact Ms. Cara Lombardi 703-807-2743.
* To register for this event, please contact Ms. Kristen Brooks, 703-807-2745.
* For information on sponsorship opportunities, or to discuss special needs or interests, please contact Ms. Cara Lombardi 703-807-2743
The registration fee for each Business Briefing is:
Credit Card or Check in Advance: $50.00
Registration fee includes the Business Briefing, one-on-one meetings with Thai delegates, daily refreshments and lunch. In addition, all attendees will receive profiles of new business opportunities as presented at the business briefing.
 Phone: 703-807-2746 and speak with Ms. Kristen Brooks.
 Fax: registration form to 703-807-2728.
 Mail: registration form to:
4301 Wilson Blvd. #1003
Arlington, VA 22203
NOTE: Please indicate on the Registration Form which Business Briefing you will be attending.
THAILAND - LABORATORY TEST EQUIPMENT - BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN THAILAND
March 26, 2002 - San Francisco OR March 29, 2002 - Boston
(Use additional pages as needed for multiple employees)
Company/Agency Web site:
NOTE: Please indicate below which Business Briefing you will be attending.
Tuesday, March 26
San Francisco, CA (____)
Friday, March 29
Boston, MA (____)
Please send me via email updates concerning this visit and schedule:
Yes ( )
No ( )
Note: Payment requested in advance.
Please check one of the following as your form of payment:
[ ] Check
Make checks payable to: Market*Access International
Send to: Market*Access, Attn: Registration, 4301 Wilson Blvd. #1003, Arlington VA 22203
[ ] VISA [ ] MasterCard [ ] American Express
Account Number: ___________________________Exp. Date___________________
Cardholder Name: ______________________________________________________
Signature (required) or telephone order
NOTE: Additional information on this conference can be found by going to WWW.MARKETACCESS.ORG
More information about the X-plor