[X-plor] Beam time is available at the NSLS

Robert Sweet via x-plor%40net.bio.net (by sweet from bnl.gov)
Fri Oct 23 07:02:39 EST 2009

Please visit the website at www.px.nsls.bnl.gov and select "Get Access to
Beam Time."  The PXRR (Macromolecular Crystallography Research Resource at
the NSLS) operates five beamlines for macromolecular crystallography (MX).

Two of these beamlines are undulators: X29 is the most efficient MX
machine east of Chicago in the US, often serving three different research
groups in a day.  X25 is as bright, and has counted Rod MacKinnon, Tom
Steitz, and Venki Ramakrishnan among its prize-winning users. Typical beam
sizes at these undulators are 50 microns.  If your crystal is only 20
microns, we can give you a beam that size.

There are ALS-style automounters at X29 and two of our dipole beamlines,
X12-B and X12-C.

We have a new station at X26-C for the coordinated measurement of optical
absorption spectroscopic and x-ray diffraction data.  Several publications
have come from this work and many projects are underway. A Raman
spectrometer is being installed now.

The PXRR is funded jointly by the NIH's National Center for Research
Resources and the DOE's Office of Biological and Environmental Research.

         Robert M. Sweet                 E-Dress: sweet from bnl.gov
         Group Leader, PXRR: Macromolecular               ^ (that's L
           Crystallography Research Resource at NSLS            not 1)
           http://px.nsls.bnl.gov/
         Biology Dept
         Brookhaven Nat'l Lab.           Phones:
         Upton, NY  11973                631 344 3401  (Office)
         U.S.A.                          631 344 2741  (Facsimile)