[X-plor] Protein Data Bank in Europe roadshows and tutorials

Gerard DVD Kleywegt via x-plor%40net.bio.net (by gerard from xray.bmc.uu.se)
Thu Aug 12 04:44:08 EST 2010

The Protein Data Bank in Europe (PDBe; http://pdbe.org/) offers a number of
educational resources as part of its wider mandate for outreach and training
within the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI; http://www.ebi.ac.uk/).

As part of this commitment, we offer the PDBe "roadshow"
(http://pdbe.org/roadshow/), an event where members of the PDBe team travel to
user institutes and conduct hands-on training sessions. These sessions
typically include presentations and demonstrations of our advanced search and
analysis tools. We also offer presentations on data validation, quality
assessment and data deposition to the Protein Data Bank (PDB) using
AutoDep4.0. These roadshows give users an opportunity to familiarise
themselves with PDBe services and resources using tutorials and interactive
teaching sessions so that they can use these effectively in their own
research. The contents and duration of roadshows is always tailored to local
circumstances and preferences (e.g., special emphasis on X-ray, EM or NMR
deposition, or on advanced services like PDBeFold, PDBePisa and PDBeMotif).

In addition to the PDBe roadshow, we also offer educational resources online.
These comprise introductory and advanced presentations of our services as well
as a number of tutorials that use these services in a research-like setting -
for further details see http://pdbe.org/teaching

We welcome the opportunity to visit your institute and conduct a PDBe
roadshow. For more details on the options regarding duration and content of
our roadshows, or to contact us to discuss the possibility of a roadshow at
your institute, please see http://pdbe.org/roadshow

--Gerard

---
Gerard J. Kleywegt, PDBe, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
gerard from ebi.ac.uk ..................... pdbe.org
Secretary: Pauline Haslam  pdbe_admin from ebi.ac.uk