97.03.03 Postdoc position for a modeller at DuPont Merck
stoutepf at carbon.dmpc.com
Mon Mar 10 11:14:42 EST 1997
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
DuPont Merck's Computer Aided Drug Design group has an immediate opening
for a Postdoctoral Researcher.
The successful candidate will be working on one or more aspects of "virtual
screening of virtual libraries" as a tool for combinatorial library design
and compound selection. Aspects include identifying, developing, testing
and using computational techniques for conformational searching,
pharmacophore mapping, active site docking and prediction of binding
affinities. The work also involves the design of novel therapeutic agents
using a variety of molecular modelling tools.
The sucessful candidate has:
* A Ph.D. degree in chemistry, physics or related area.
* A strong background in computational chemistry.
* Extensive experience with state-of-the-art molecular modelling tools.
* Experience in programming in Fortran, C or C++.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability
to work closely with colleagues with diverse backgrounds.
Experience in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage:
* Development and use of continuum solvent models and scoring
functions for protein-ligand interactions.
* Rational design of drugs or combinatorial libraries.
* Development of quantitative structure activity relationships.
* Use of chemical databases.
Please address questions and send resumes to:
The DuPont Merck Pharmaceutical Company
Position Code: PS/MJ
P. O. Box 80400
Wilmington, DE 19880-0400.
E-mail: stoutepf at carbon.dmpc.com
More information about the Xtal-log