Team Purification Technical Services Rep Position Available Immediately!
rlaughlin at peoplepc.com
Mon Oct 1 15:54:26 EST 2001
"SWAT" Team Purification Technical Services Rep Position Available Immediately!
This Leading Biotech and Pharmaceuticals Company has a very competitive compensation package and will pay for relocation!
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Pay Rate: D.O.E.
SWAT Team Purification Technical Services Representative (Protein Manufacturing)
- This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join one of the World's leaders in Biotechnology at the start of a period of significant expansion in their protein manufacturing business!
- In this position as Technical Services Representative you will be part of a small troubleshooting -SWAT- team which will be dedicated to resolving critical protein purification process issues at two manufacturing sites: an existing third party manufacturer in the New England area and during start-up of a new facility in Indianapolis.
- This position will require a strongly motivated, independent individual who is flexible with regard to location and has a desire to be -where the action is- resolving technical issues.
- Working with a diverse group of people from manufacturing and various support groups you will use sound scientific and statistical methods to continuously improve the process through variability reduction.
- This is an excellent opportunity to become an expert at the forefront of new technology and to help produce a therapeutic protein that will save the lives of thousands of people.
NATURE OF THE WORK
- Increase yields by variability reduction and decrease factory loss due to special cause events or excursions outside the ticket parameters.
- Develop and implement new "tools" or methods to streamline investigations and quickly evaluate possible solutions to reduce reoccurrence.
Variation Reduction and Process Investigation
- Definition and characterization of root causes for special cause events.
- Assist or supervise writing/responding to alerts/deviations.
- Assist in real-time data tracking/evaluation of changes implemented in response to special cause events.
- Definition and characterization of common cause variation and minimize reoccurrence of excursions.
Maintenance of Regulatory Documentation/Compliance
- Ensure regulatory and cGMP compliance for the process.
- Review and maintain manufacturing tickets to be compliant with manufacturing, process and regulatory requirements as changes are implemented.
- Supply accurate timely updates of the current manufacturing process problems or excursion.
- Maintain processes in a validated state.
- Complete necessary process qualification/re-qualification by staying current with regulatory expectations.
- Ensure cleaning/sterilization procedures are validated as required when changes or excursions occur.
The Technical Service Representative should be flexible, sensitive to the needs of subordinates, peers, management and third party representatives. He/she should be able to work independently and be able to reprioritize activities quickly. He/she should exhibit leadership abilities and interact well with others. The Representative should be technically inquisitive, attentive to detail and must exhibit excellent problem solving skills.
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in biochemistry, chemistry, engineering or other related field is required.
A minimum of two years biotech experience is required.
Proficiency in software programs such as JMP or excel for statistical data analysis and process control charting is preferred.
MUST HAVE HANDS-ON INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE.
Primarily located in Indianapolis, but with potential for extended periods of time in the New England area supporting third party production operations.
To be considered submit resume to :
Direct Placement Recruiter
rlaughlin at volt.com
In subject line please state job title.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Xtal-log