There is somebody here

Dubear Kroening dubear at molbio.cbs.umn.edu
Wed Apr 14 19:29:24 EST 1993

Hello,

My name is Dubear Kroening and I am a graduate student at the U. of MN.  I"m
glad this newsgroup has started as we in the lab are new to using yeast,
although not the alcohol they produce.  We are interested in the regulation of
gene expression by fatty acids, and yeast make an excellent model system.
We have screened a number of mutants, and I am now very much in favor of
genome sequencing as one of the genes we have identified resides on
chromosome III of Saccharomyces cerevisae.  The genbank entry of chrom III
has helped us a great deal, and we are very grateful to the people who took
the time and effort to seq. the chrom. and publish it.  I would very much
like to thank some of those people personally, as it has been a great help.

I also hope to see many discussions pertaining to the scientific study of
yeast take place (although I definitely have no aversion to discussing the
benefits of using yeast in general -  alcohol, bread).  See ya.

Dubear Kroening
dubear at molbio.cbs.umn.edu

"Never let school stand in the way of your education" -  my Dad before I left
for college!