Why is yeast...

dparsons at plasma.ps.uci.edu dparsons at plasma.ps.uci.edu
Tue Apr 20 17:21:53 EST 1993

dparsons at plasma.ps.uci.edu wrote:
: Yeast people,

: I am an engineer in a physics lab at U.C. Irvine and a homebrewer.  I suspect
: you will get an occasional question from us brewers.  Certainly you will from
: me.  I am just ignorant enough to wonder about these things.

: BTW could you please describe what exactly is a yeast?

: Thanks for any help,

: Dave Parsons

I would like to let you people know that I am aware of the homebrew group and
do indeed read it, I also brew my own beer.  I am trying to gain an
understanding of how the yeast differ and work that is unmarred by the brewers
views.  ie: lager yeast have a heavier taste and ferment at the bottom of the
pail.  One persons wrote me with a very nice explanation that will work for me
Thank you all for your time, and if you ever want to know anything about beer
please don't hesitate to call on me.

Dave Parsons

: