Wed Apr 28 08:34:02 EST 1993

Dear yeast people, I want to try to express a human plasma membrane
transporter in yeast.  Does anyone have any advice on
which vector to use for heterologous expression in
Saccharomyces cerevisiae?  Thanks in advance, Morrie
It depends on what you want to do with the expressed protein.  We have had
good luck with Vernet's pVT vectors (Gene 52:225-233, 1987).  However, most
of our work is in expressing various heterologous enzymes to look at their
role in metabolism - we do not need high expression. You might also take a
look at Methods in Enzymology vol 194 (1991).  Good luck.
Dean R. Appling
Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry
Univ. of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712