lacZ vectors

HOFFMACS hoffmacs at HERMES.BC.EDU
Mon Aug 23 07:25:07 EST 1993

I took one of Scott Emr's fusion vectors, pSEYC102 (ARS1CEN4 URA3) and drop a
pair of hybridized oligo's to recreate the amino-terminal coding region of
beta-gal so that you can make transcriptional fusions.  Available sites are
EcoRI, SmaI, BamHI, and HindIII.  You can also take out the lacZ portion on an
XhoI fragment.
Charlie Hoffman
Boston College
Dept. of Biology
Higgins Hall 315
Chestnut Hill, MA 02167
Phone (617) 552-2779
FAX (617) 552-2011
Email HOFFMACS at hermes.bc.edu
From: Mark Johnston on Fri, Aug 20, 1993 9:23 PM
Subject: lacZ vectors
To: yeast at net.bio.net

This message was sent using a custom form that is not installed on your server.
Some information from the original message may not be displayed. To view the
complete message, ask your network manager to install the form on your server.

We are looking for CEN plasmid versions of lacZ fusion vectors.  We like
the lacZ fusion vectors developed by Alan Myers (Gene 45, 299 (1986)), but
they are all 2-micron plasmids.  Does anyone know of any good CEN vectors
suitable for making  fusions to lacZ?  Thanks

Mark Johnston
Department of Genetics Box 8232
Washington University Medical School
4566 Scott Ave.