Sequence/restriction map of ura3-52

B7JM B7JM at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA
Sun Aug 29 22:13:56 EST 1993

Dear yeast netters,
   I am a newcomer to S cerevisiae and would like to
know, what is the best source for information such as
the sequences or restriction maps of mutant (and wild-type)
alleles that are in common use - e.g. ura3-52 and URA3?
I imagine the sequences are in genbank somewhere, but is
there some more specific source for these things?  Along
the same line, is there an electronic catalogue of strains
and their idiosyncracies?
   Thanks in advance for any help.
                                  Cliff Zeyl
                                  McGill University