shipping strains

Fatima Cvrckova FATIMA at AIMP.UNA.AC.AT
Wed Dec 1 02:52:44 EST 1993

Hello, Terri and Morrie and others,
Just a little note on sending strains: Morrie's tinfoil/whatman sandwich is the
best thing I know for yeast, but don't try it with bacteria! I had hard time to
revive an E. coli strain delivered this way. For DNA, my favorite way is just
sealing 5 microliters in a plastic capillary (I use capillary tips for a
fixed volume micropipette) and sticking it to a letter. Some people even just seal
a drop into a piece of plastic foil, but that is a bit less convenient.
Fatima