(fwd) Re: yeast vector sequences

Francis Ouellette francis at BORDUAS.NLM.NIH.GOV
Fri Dec 3 17:08:11 EST 1993

Kevin A. Morano (kamorano at ucdavis.edu) writes:

> David Stillman (stillman at bioscience.utah.edu) wrote:
> : Here is a list of Yeast Vectors whose sequences are in GenBank:
>
>  I was very excited to see all these vectors in one place, but dismayed
> when I went to retrieve some of them- specifically the pRS4xx series. The
> 4/93 release of Genbank did not have them, nor did the current version at
> NIH (by gopher)? Where are these sequences and how can I get them? This
> will probably be of general interest, unless I am alone in my plight.
>
> Very nice of you to compile this list, by the way!

Some of these vectors were deposited to GenBank and EMBL very recently,
and are available from the respective servers only.

For GenBank, you can use the retrieve Email-server at NCBI at this address:

retrieve at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

and if, for example, you want to retrieve pRS414
(accession number: U03448), you should format
your message like this:

DATALIB genbank
BEGIN
U03448