plasmid nomenclature

Morris F. Manolson mm6y+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 14 13:49:56 EST 1993

Dear yeast people,  I was just wondering if there are any conventions
out there for naming yeast vectors containing genes.
For example,  if I put MFG1 (my favorite gene 1) into YEp24, do I now have:

YEp24::MFG1
YEp24:MFG1
YEp::MFG1
YEp:MFG1
YEpMFG1
pMFG1-2micron

I was also wondering about epitobe-tagging genes, if you
tag MFG1 with the Hemagluttinin (sp) epitobe, do you end up with

MFG1-HA
MFG1::HA
HA-MFG1

Thanks in advance for all comments and advice!  Morrie

Morris F. Manolson                     Tel:  416-813-6662  (office)
Division of Cell Biology                     416-813-5594  (lab)
Hospital for Sick Children                   416-813-5028  (FAX)
88 Elm St., McMaster building        email:  Morrie at resunix.ri.sickkids.on.ca
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5G 1X8