a petition in favor of pure experience

FATIMA at AIMP.UNA.AC.AT FATIMA at AIMP.UNA.AC.AT
Thu Jul 15 16:35:00 EST 1993

Dear Morris and others,
to make things maybe less clear but for sure easier to live with: methods
like yeast transformation (at least the spheroplast one) are quite often
rather insensitive to O.D.. I suspect that the main reason why people
bother to measure O.D. is that, in a written text, a number looks much
better than "I could not see the windows of the nearby building when
looking through the culture flask". With a bit of training, the latter
technique works at least as well as real O.D. measurement.
:-)                         Fatima