Use ODs, don't publish ODs

Morris F. Manolson mm6y+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jul 16 08:30:17 EST 1993

>   Or for the more mechanical grad students:
>
>   "The OD is wrong, but I'm going to do the experiemnt anyway."
>
>DanZ

I am afraid I am being missunderstood.  ODs are an accurate and fast
method for performing an experiment.  I am in no way suggesting
the contrary.  I am only against publishing ODs in the "Materials and
Methods" of papers to allow reproducibilty of your experiments
by OTHER labs.  Morrie

Morris F. Manolson                     Tel:  416-813-6662  (office)
Division of Cell Biology                     416-813-5594  (lab)
Hospital for Sick Children                   416-813-5028  (FAX)
88 Elm St., McMaster building        email:  Morrie at resunix.ri.sickkids.on.ca
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5G 1X8